Join Our Team: Membership & Marketing Coordinator
Membership & Marketing Coordinator
The Museum of the Southern Jewish Experience is seeking a dynamic and detail-oriented professional to join its full-time staff as the Membership & Marketing Coordinator. Working closely with the Director of Development and the Executive Director, this individual will help to maintain and grow the Museum’s membership program, oversee marketing, and support fundraising operations. This position reports to the Director of Development.
A successful candidate will have exceptional multi-tasking skills, a demonstrated ability to prioritize across multiple areas appropriately, knowledge and experience in marketing and fundraising, and an interest in public relations and communications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the membership database; develop best practices for membership retention and attraction; manage stewardship and communication with members
- Coordinate special membership events and membership benefits including scheduling tours and meetings between members, Executive Director and Curator
- Develop goals and benchmarks for successful annual membership campaign; produce regular reports for Executive Director and Board of Directors showing progress towards goals
- Generate membership communication, including website updates, email marketing, social media engagement, and other materials.
- Ensure the community is informed of MSJE’s activities and impact on the community via production of newsletters, maintenance of website and digital presence, traditional earned media, and social media channels
- Build relationships with key stakeholders to further the reach of MSJE in the community and identify opportunities for promotion and collaboration with other organizations
- Regularly update the donor database; support stewardship and communication with donors
- Produce regular reports for Director of Development showing dollar and donor results
- Interact with prospects and donors in a professional environment
Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years working in marketing, membership programs or fundraising and/or transferable experience
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of data management software, e.g. Microsoft Suite, DonorPerfect, etc. or their equivalents and/or demonstrated ability to become proficient
- Expertise in running social media campaigns, traditional media campaigns and digital advertising campaigns (graphic design proficiency preferred)
- Experience with WordPress, Constant Contact, Canva, and Adobe Suite (or equivalents)
- Experience writing digital content including interviews, blog posts, etc.
- Ability to appropriately prioritize and multitask across multiple responsibilities while meeting deadlines
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Creative and resourceful; able to effectively manage resources
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some weekends, holidays and special events.
- Knowledge of and interest in Jewish history and culture preferred
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF to email@example.com with the subject line Membership & Marketing Coordinator