Join Our Team: Visitor Services Manager
Visitor Services Manager
The Visitor Services Manager is responsible for the daily public-facing operation of the Museum – providing a high level of customer service to ensure an excellent experience for all visitors; supervising the front desk staff; managing the Museum Store; managing group tours and rental events; and maintaining accurate records and financial controls for admissions, store, and special events. This position reports to the Museum’s executive director.
The successful candidate will be energetic, have exceptional customer service and record-keeping skills, and a strong understanding of retail and customer service management. She or he must be able to represent the Museum positively and engage with visitors and co-workers in a professional and cordial manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Training, scheduling, and supervising part-time front desk staff (ticket and store sales)
- Managing the museum store, including establishing vendor relations, ordering, inventory control, inhouse and online sales, and financial reporting
- Tracking, analyzing, and reporting visitor data
- Coordinating group sales, Museum rentals, and special events.
- Ensuring building cleanliness and safety; communicating with security and custodial vendors
- Developing and maintaining a departmental budget and budgetary goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Must enjoy working with the public and demonstrate friendliness, professionalism, enthusiasm and a customer-centric approach
- Minimum 3 years of experience in visitor services in a cultural institution or business
- Retail experience required; knowledge of information technology and P.O.S. platforms
- Strong analytical and budget management skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and resources needed to meet deadlines
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings, holidays, and special events
- Strong knowledge of and interest in Jewish history and culture preferred
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, generous vacation and sick leave, and employer-matched retirement plan.
Please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF to email@example.com with the subject line Visitor Services Manager.