Join Our Team–Visitor Services Associate
Part-Time Visitor Services Associate
The Museum of the Southern Jewish Experience is hiring a part-time Visitor Services Associate. This individual is responsible for facilitating daily Visitor Services at the Museum and ensuring the visitor experience is consistently outstanding. Visitor Services Associates are also tasked with running the daily, frontline operations in a smooth and efficient manner under the direction of the Visitor Services Manager.
Duties, Responsibilities, & Essential Functions:
- Greets and welcomes visitors upon arrival and monitors the flow of visitors throughout the lobby area
- Accurately answers visitor questions regarding a wide variety of topics including general questions about the Museum, directional questions, and questions about tourism and other attractions within the New Orleans area.
- Assists visitors with ticket sales and purchases from our gift shop using best practices to handle cash and credit transactions and procedures.
- Helps stock shelves and count inventory of retail products.
- Responds to visitor concerns and complaints and reports complaints to the Visitor Services Manager.
- Promotes repeat visitation, program participation, and Museum membership.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to maintain a professional demeanor with both staff and visitors alike.
- Proficiency in cash handling preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, including some weekends and holidays.
- This is a part-time position paid an hourly rate.
- Work hours are 24 hours per week on average, comprising either 6 or 8 hour shifts. The schedule and work hours are subject to change.
Please send resume with cover letter to email@example.com.