Join Our Team
Visitor Services Manager
The Museum of the Southern Jewish Experience seeks a Visitor Services Manager to join its full-time staff.
Position Description: The Visitor Services Manager will be responsible for the daily operation of the Museum – providing a high level of customer service to ensure an excellent experience for all visitors; overseeing the selling of admissions to the Museum; managing the Museum Store; handling questions and complaints; and maintaining accurate records and financial controls for admissions, store, and special events. This position reports to the Museum’s executive director.
The successful candidate will have exceptional customer service and record-keeping skills and a strong understanding of retail and customer service management. S/he must be able to positively represent the Museum and engage with visitors and co-workers in a professional and cordial manner.
- Providing a positive visitor experience
- Supervising part-time front desk staff (ticket and store sales)
- Managing the Museum Store, including establishing vendor relations, ordering, inventory control, in-house and online sales, and financial reporting
- Training and familiarization of ticketing system, becoming a system administrator capable of training visitor services staff
- Tracking, analyzing, and reporting visitor data
- Coordinating group sales, Museum rentals, and special events.
- Ensuring building cleanliness and safety; communicating regularly with security and custodial vendors
- Overseeing various building contracts and vendor relationships
- Developing and maintaining budgets and budgetary goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Must enjoy working with the public and demonstrate friendliness, professionalism, enthusiasm and a customer-centric approach
- Minimum 3 years of experience in visitor services in a cultural institution or business
- Retail experience preferred; knowledge of information technology and P.O.S. applications.
- Strong analytical and budget management skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and resources needed to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some weekends, holidays and special events.
- Strong knowledge of and interest in Jewish history and culture preferred
This is a full-time position with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please submit a cover letter and resume as a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Visitor Services Manager.